Saturday, April 26, 2008

Graduation day

This is a terrible picture of John, it is at the wrong angle and is terribly unflattering, but unfortunately it is the only one I have for now. I will replace it as soon as I have a better one.
John graduated today with his Master's degree. It was a great ceremony. It was only for the post-graduate students (the undergrads had their ceremony earlier in the day), so it was nice to see all the colors on the hoods and regalia as these Master's and Doctoral students graduated. I think the scope of John's achievement finally began to sink in, although we still need some time, and sleep, to really feel his accomplishment. (A job offer would also go a long way!)
Congratulations John!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A big congratulations from the Virginia gang. We are so very proud of you, John! You deserve the highest praise and accolades for your accomplishment. May good luck follow you through all your endeavors. We can hardly wait for our visit in June.
Love to everyone,
Mickey and Linda

Krista said...

Congratulations John! Such a tremendous accomplishment - especially when you are balancing family obligations. I am sure Monica & the kids will be happy to see you more often this summer.