Sunday, October 19, 2008

Back at the Farm

We had just arrived back at the animal pen when one of the farmers came and deposited a bunch of ears of corn and other vegetables to feed the pigs, and let the kids do the feeding! I have to say, pigs have very large heads, and are pretty aggressive eaters. I seriously considered the possibility that Lucas might accidentally get chomped! He's pretty little. But all was well, and it was a fun and unique experience. Until the pig peed. That was gross.



While I kept a vigilant eye on Lucas, Josh got away and started up the hay bale tower. I found him at the top, but by the time I had my camera out, he was already on the way down for the next thing. Go go go.

Then it was on to the chickens and roosters. Josh did a pretty good "cock-a-doodle-doo," but Lucas just roared a long, guttural noise for his rooster imitation. He is such a little caveman sometimes. The people around us laughed, so I guess it has its charms.

Driving the tractor. Always the best part (for them).

We hope to carve our pumpkins next weekend, and we'll share photos when we do!

No comments: