My parents came to visit for Thanksgiving, which meant they were also here for my birthday (which almost always falls over the Thanksgiving holiday). We went to the Fort Worth Stockyards that afternoon, for the twice-daily cattle drive. It is a whole little area dedicated to the cowboy lifestyle, with the cattle exchange, cowboy hall of fame, cowboy gear stores, weekend rodeo, and attendant gift shops. It was fun. The weather was gorgeous! As you can see Josh is in shorts and a t-shirt. A week later to the day, it was snowing here. Crazy.
Here are Josh and Lucas riding "Pecos Bill," a true Texas Longhorn:

The Markley clan:

Here they come:

And there they go (much more slowly than I expected, but then again I would move slowly too if they're going where I think they're going):

And the future rodeo champion demonstrating his winning form (he lasted well over 8 seconds):

I definitely need to try the mechanical bull on our next visit! It looked like a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment