Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sleeping like a baby

Since having babies I have really hated the phrase, "sleeping like a baby." What a misnomer. Whoever coined that phrase had not slept in a house with a baby. They aren't good sleepers! They are terrible sleepers! They toss, turn, cry, and expect to be held and rocked at all hours. Whenever I hear the phrase, I am reminded of the very painful 5 months of Lucas' infanthood during which he would only sleep on a moving body. Even at 3 am, if I laid down, even propped up diagonally so it would seem like I was still standing and walking him around, he'd know and he'd wake up. We had to Ferberize him, it was so bad. So I can't stand that phrase.

But sleeping like a toddler, now there is the sleep of angels. Look at this cherub:


No comments: