Sunday, October 24, 2010

Honored Hero Run

Today was the half-marathon I registered for back in the summer, pre-boating accident. I still can't run on my injured foot without it flaring up (though I have been able to start using the elliptical machine, since it has less impact on my foot), so I converted my registration to four runners in the family fun run, and we all headed out.

John ran with Josh, and Josh was booking. I ran with Lucas, who did great most of the time but did hitch a ride on my back for part of the race. Try running on an injured foot with a three-year-old on your back sometime!

Anyway, we all made it across the finish line, to much cheering from the other runners. Lucas got the biggest cheer. The combination of his tiny size and the very determined look he wears when running won their hearts.

Josh and Lucas each won completion medals:



It was a great family experience and a great way to support a very good cause--the registration fee goes to help children who are fighting and surviving blood cancers.

No comments: