Sunday, February 05, 2012

November -- Fort Worth Half Marathon

On November 13, I ran the Fort Worth Half Marathon. It follows the trails along the Trinity River, so it is a very nice run. The weather was VERY warm. Too warm, really. I was extremely sweaty and thirsty by the time it was all over. And I had to change shirts at the 5-mile mark. I had worn a long-sleeved running shirt to account for the early morning start (and what should have been fairly cold weather during the early hours of a November morning). John brought me a tank top when they came to cheer me on at the 5-mile mark and I changed "on the run."

The course is out-and-back, so the 5-mile marker was also the 8-mile marker. Here I am coming through mile 8 (in the purple tank and black pants).



Getting my watch from my support team, Josh and Lucas:



Waiting for Mommy at the finish line:



The home stretch!




Celebrating my finish with my boys, very sweaty and facing the very bright sun:




The finisher's medal doubles as a belt buckle, of course!




Back at home, I discovered all my boys (especially my very supportive husband) had been busy preparing all my favorites for our post-race celebration: beautiful flowers, chocolate-dipped strawberries, limonata, toblerone, and bananas for potassium.



Who could ask for more?

No comments: